Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hands and Eyes

What was the first thing you noticed about her?

Her hands and eyes

Why just those?

Because hands and eyes never lie

I could tell by the first touch of her fingers that she was a hard worker

How?

The was a tiny callus on her index finger from sewing

I knew she made her own clothing

There was also strength in her fingers that said to me she knew how to garden

And that was given away by the freckles on the top of her hands that I adored

Well what about her eyes?

I knew she was good when I saw that she didn't have the sparkle in her eyes

They were green pools and I knew that she was deep in thought at the time we first met

There was a sadness of her past that shown, but the sadness was beautiful

She cared

And in time she cared for me


WBA February 8, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment